What is it Discovery phase?
Discovery phase - is the first mature stage of discussion between the software company and the client. Simply put, it is a complete analysis of project development, which includes aspects such as:
- The purpose of the Business, as well as the goals of the Projects involved.
- Pain points, risks, gaps and critical requirements.
- Systems inventory: existing systems requiring integration with CRM.
- A comprehensive representation of the deployment area.
- Transition project from existing infrastructure to planned infrastructure.
- Search for possible data sources for the new implementation CRM .
- Setting the schedule and priorities
- Creating a roadmap for project development
- Allocation of roles in the project
- Calculation of time and budget.
Why does Discovery Phase does the project matter?
What you get at the end of the process Discovery?
- BPMN scheme that corresponds to his processes in the company, taking into account all the software he uses.
- The Terms of Reference document, which describes all the details and nuances.
- Gantt chart - the total number of hours to implement the project and the exact number of days to implement the project.
- Receipt of a request from a client (initial event).
- Document creation.
- Approval of the document.
- Sending goods to the customer/providing services to the customer.
- Receiving feedback from the customer (the final event if you do not need to process the feedback).
- Other events.
Terms of Reference
- Rationale for launching the project.
- Proposed project management methodology, as well as work plans and activity schedules.
- Expected resource requirements, primarily in terms of personnel.
- Reporting rules and requirements .
- What are the various activities
- When each action begins and ends
- How long will each action last
- Where do actions overlap with other actions and how much
- Start and end date of the entire project